I posted a picture of these delightful little treats I made for My Dreamboat’s birthday on Instagram the other day. I provided, along with the picture, a simple outline of the recipe and was going to leave it at that. But don’t worry, I have come to my senses! These delectable little nuggets of greatness need to be made and shared! They are definitely a treat and not for daily consumption, but we are fully in the holiday season and a bit of indulgence is encouraged, nay required, this time of year!
Paleo Candy Bar (Paleo/Full Gaps)
- 15 Dates
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 5 oz Chocolate – either your favorite chip, bar or homemade
- Cut your dates in half length wise and remove pits.
- Fill center of date with almond butter.
- Close date around the almond butter.
- On the stove melt the chocolate by placing water in a pan and bringing it to a gentle boil.
- Cover the top of the pan with a heatproof bowl.
- Place chocolate pieces in the bowl and stir until fully melted.
- Roll each stuffed date in the chocolate and place on a plate.
- Optional: sprinkle course sea salt, coconut flakes or shaved almonds on top.
- Refrigerate these treats until hard.
- Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve them or give as a gift.
For daily updates, ideas and food inspiration follow me on Instagram @apronsandarmor
Don’t forget to pin these for later!