We love Lemon essential oil in our house! It is so well loved that Little Jedi chose lemon to be the first oil I write about. This oil is fresh and bright and is used almost daily around here.
It takes 75 lemons to make one 15ml bottle of Lemon essential oil. The oil is pressed from the rind of the lemon. This oil is safe to use for all ages which is one of the many reasons why we enjoy it so much. Just remember, when using lemon in your beauty routine, do not apply it right before going out into the sun due to its ability to cause photosensitivity- unless you want to add some natural highlights to your hair!
HOW WE USE IT
- add 1 drop of Lemon EO to a cup of hot water with raw honey to help sooth a sore throat.
- diffuse in your home to create a positive and cheerful scent.
- equal parts Lemon, Peppermint, and Lavender essential oils can be diffused or used in a roller to help with allergies.
- Hair: add a drop or two to your conditioner to help with dandruff and shine. This is one of my all time favorite ways to use Lemon EO!
- Skin: add a drop to your evening moisturizer to help with acne.
- Recipe:Face mask- add 1 drop Lemon essential oil to 1/4 cup raw honey. Apply to face and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Rince your face and pat dry.
- Laundry: Add a couple drops to your wash to help eliminate odor and clean your clothes
- Cleaning: can be directly placed on gum, glue or stickers to help remove the gunk.
- Cleaning: Use 5 drops of Lemon and 5 drops of Tea Tree in your diffuser or spray bottle to freshen and disinfect your home.
- Recipe:Natural bleach- Mix 12 cups water, 1/2 c lemon juice, 1 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide, 10 drops Lemon EO. Mix everything in a gallon jug. Keep in a glass jar to add to your laundry when washing whites or place in a spray bottle to use when cleaning tubs, sinks, and toilets.
WAYS TO ENJOY THIS OIL IN THE KITCHEN:
- We love adding a drop of Lemon or Jade Lemon EO to a bowl of coconut or regular yogurt with berries!
- my delicious Hot MockToddy!
I hope that you enjoy these ideas! Please leave a comment letting me know which idea you want to try or how you enjoy using Lemon essential oil in your home! If you have any questions about essential oils or want to get your hands on a bottle of Lemon leave me a comment or email me at email@example.com. Before using any essential oil please read my post about safety and make sure to do some research for yourself!
*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nurse, or any other form of medical professional. The content of this blog is simply my opinion and has not been evaluated by the FTC, FDA or any other government agency and this information is not intended to “diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.” Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.