I have a deep love for nachos. They are extremely satisfying to me with their endless variety of toppings and flavors and their great mix of textures. Plus, let’s be real, anything smothered in cheesy goodness is dreamy! Ever since starting GAPS I have been looking for a way to still have the gratifying experience of nachos while adhering to the diet’s guidelines. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention, so I created loaded fries!
Whether we are serving loaded fries for a party, sports event or a week night dinner for just the four of us, we love to serve them like a potluck style nacho bar where everyone builds their own.
The process is simple:
- Pick your fry! The options are many, but some of our favorites are:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- Pick your cooking method! To make your fries you can bake them, simmer them or fry in a good fat. To see how we make ours click here.
- Pick your toppings! This, in my opinion, is the best part! The topping options are endless but here are some of our favs:
- Fermented Salsa
- Shredded Beef or Chicken
- Coconut Sour Cream or Sour Cream
- Sliced Fermented Radishes
- Sauteed or Simmered Artichoke Hearts and Spinach
- Kefir Cheese
- Cilantro and Green Onion
- Ground Lamb or Beef
- Zucchini Cheese
- Sauteed or Simmered Bell Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms
For anyone on a restricted diet or just looking for something fun and different to munch on these are sure to satisfy! You can keep it simple like the pictures in this post or you can go all out and load it up with everything like I do! Either way, they are amazing. So go make yourself some and let me know what your favorite toppings are in the comments below!
Don’t forget to save to Pinterest for your next big game day party or family meal!