With the arrival of spring our desire for lighter fare increases. We long for fresh and bright flavors! Well, I have the perfect fix for you: Rustic Herby Flat Bread!
We have been enjoying this flatbread ever since we went Paleo 7 years ago. It makes a great cracker, base for pizza or salad, side with soup, and so much more! As soon as I posted a picture of this bread on my Instagram account you all have been asking for the recipe. At last, here it is!
*Some links provided on this page may be affiliate or referral links. When you make a purchase through those links you are helping to support this blog. Thank you!
Rustic Flat Bread
- 1 cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon good quality Salt
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Herbs (rosemary and thyme or parsley and chive are some of our favorites)
- 1 tablespoon melted Ghee (or other fat/ coconut oil)
- 1 Egg (or Chia Egg)
- Extra Ghee and Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour, salt, garlic, and herbs.
- Mix in the egg and ghee.
- Knead the dough.
- Place the dough in between two sheets of unbleached parchment paper and roll out until the dough is even and about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the top with salt.
- Place the rolled out dough with the bottom sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven.
Don’t forget to pin for later!